Standard rehearsals take place on Monday evenings during term time, arriving around 7:15pm for a prompt ‘baton down’ start at 7:30pm, and finishing at 9:45pm.
Our usual, easily-accessible rehearsal venue in North London is:
West Lodge Park Hotel – John Evelyn Room.
The hotel can be found on the corner of Cockfosters Road and Ferny Hill, EN4 0PZ. There is free parking, and the 298 bus runs along Cockfosters Road from Southgate to Potters Bar. There is a restaurant and bar open to non-residents, 35 acres of beautiful grounds and our own private terrace!
The rehearsal dates for the Summer 2022 term are as follows:
- Rehearsal Monday 9th May 7.30pm West Lodge Park
- Rehearsal Monday 16th May 7.30pm West Lodge Park
- Rehearsal Monday 23rd May 7.30pm West Lodge Park
- Half term week commencing Monday 30th May
- Rehearsal Monday 6th June 7.30pm West Lodge Park
- Rehearsal Monday 13th June 7.30pm West Lodge Park
- Rehearsal Monday 20th June 7.30pm West Lodge Park
- Rehearsal Friday 24th June 7.30pm Enfield Baptist Church
- Final Rehearsal Saturday 25th June 2.30pm -5.30 pm Enfield Baptist Church
- Concert Saturday 25th June 7.30pm Enfield Baptist Church
With restrictions having been lifted, and the vaccine rolled out, we are finally able to return to orchestral rehearsals. But of course we realise that COVID has not gone away, and some members may not feel ready to resume just yet. While there are no longer formal social distancing requirements in place, we’re sure that members will treat each other with respect in terms of personal space. Members are welcome to wear face coverings if they wish, and we will continue to provide hand sanitiser and wipes. String players who prefer to play at an individual desk will be able to continue to do so. We encourage members to receive the vaccine when available to them, and to consider taking regular lateral flow tests. And of course we ask you not to attend a rehearsal if you’re feeling unwell or think you might have COVID symptoms.
To summarise: face masks are optional. Strings can share a stand if they wish to. Continue to be aware of personal space. Sanitise hands. We will continue to bring our own drinks/snacks for the break and to go outside if weather permits and we wish to do so. This may change as the term progresses. Please don't come along if you feel unwell.
Termly subs for orchestral players are currently (Spring 2022) £65 per term
Pictured: Amber Emson rehearsing with the orchestra before her stunning performance of the Dvorak violin concerto in November 2019.